The RISEN project is developing a generic SENSOR API that will be used by different RISEN sensors manufactured by different organisations. In this regard, the existing SENSOR API can be further generalised and used as a basis for a future standard, allowing any CBRNe SENSOR to connect and exchange information, in a network-enabled environment, with remote services in a uniform way.
It is proposed to develop a CWA on CBRNe SENSOR API – Network Protocols, Data Formats and Interfaces due to the following reasons:
- Facilitate analyst data interpretation by using familiar, well defined and consistent sensor data formats;
- Enable evidence management information systems to receive data from compliant CBRNe sensors without requiring custom developments;
- Include 3D-spatial support in sensor data, enabling 3D data location;
- Improve operational autonomy and efficiency with digitalisation of traces and evidences;
- Enable forensics data sharing between practitioners.
See online article at: https://www.cencenelec.eu/news-and-events/news/2022/workshop/2022-09-08-sensor/
Role of PARTICLE
PARTICLE brings its expertise in software engineering, development of IT solutions for the security market and information exchange mechanisms in mobile environments.
PARTICLE leads the work related with “3DA-CSI system development”, being responsible for sensor data management and security and implementing interface exchange mechanisms with LEA systems (internal and cross-border). PARTICLE also contributes to the RISEN open API and provides mobile tools for investigators.
RISEN has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 883116.
For administrative and contractual information visit the European Commission’s Cordis website.