PARTICLE developed next generation security services for smart cities called AWARE Platform.
The AWARE Platform is a situational awareness tool for security practitioners, namely law enforcement agents, that provides an intuitive and comprehensive incident/crime management system displaying georeferenced events, associated with multimedia data (photos, videos and text), that clearly identify the incident’s type, severity, location and time, as well as its status (open, closed, waiting for dispatch, dispatch sent). All reported incidents present a trustworthiness factor (verified vs. non-verified) to determine the degree of trust on the information source.
The AWARE Platform enables the dispatch of assistance and the monitoring of the response effort, as well as the dissemination of public alerts, through the interaction with the COP and SAFER Apps.
- Intuitive Interface
- Manage events: visualise over a map, control status, assign/dispatch resources
- Display georeferenced information augmented with multimedia (photos, videos and text)
The AWARE Platform includes two mobile applications.
- COP is a mobile application for police officers while in patrolling. It allows them to receive alerts and dispatch notifications and use the smartphone to easily view and acknowledge reported incidents on a map. It allows police officers to upload the incident report, including additional evidence, such as photos and videos, directly to the AWARE Platform. In addition, COP allows police officers to have a clear understanding of the overall incidence of events in a specific area. COP is key to enable the feed of street-level intelligence to the AWARE Platform.
- SAFER is a mobile application for citizens to report incidents/crimes, using multi-channels such as messaging, images, video and automatic location. Upholding responsible citizenship, SAFER includes social functions, such as one-to-one (e.g., officer to citizen private message) and one-to-many (e.g., officer to citizens geo-cast message), thus supporting public alerting from public authorities on specific incidents.
PARTICLE’s advanced technologies and competences represent a breakthrough in how monitoring and forecasting platforms should evolve and bring next generation capabilities to be applied for the benefit of society.
- Manso, Marco; Guerra, Barbara; Freire, Fernando; Jansen, Norman; Chan, Kevin; Toth, Andrew; Bloebaum, Trude Hafsøe & Johnsen, Frank T. (2019). Mobile Tactical Forces: Experiments on Multi-broker Messaging Middleware in a Coalition Setting. International Command and Control Research and Technology Symposium (ICCRTS) proceedings. ISSN 2577-1604.
- Marco Manso, Frank Johnsen, Ketil Lund and Kevin Chan. Using MQTT to Support Mobile Tactical Force Situational Awareness. International Conference on Military Communications and Information Systems (ICMCIS), Warsaw, Poland 22-23 May 2018.
- Buf, M., Manso B., and Manso, M. Smart Device Prototype for Automated Emergency Calls – Using SIP and TTS to Reach Legacy Emergency Services. 7th International Conference on Sensor Networks SENSORNETS, Funchal, Portugal, 22 to 24 January 2018.
- Buf, M., Manso B., and Manso, M. Smart Devices for Automated Emergency Calls in Proceedings of 3rd EAI International Conference on Interoperability in IoT, Valencia, Spain. 7th November 2017.
- Evangelos Sdongos, Anastasia Bolovinou, Manolis Tsogas, Angelos Amditis, Barbara Guerra, Marco Manso. Next Generation Automated Emergency Calls. IEEE CCNC (Globe-IoT 2017), Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, January 8-11, 2017